Changing Database Servers on Same Server
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tres_ross

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2010 :  14:28:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm switching from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2008R2. I installed the 2008R2 instance as a new server rather than upgrade and have started moving the databases from 2008 to 2008R2. I was looking for a way to do this in ReportPortal but cannot find a way. I think the settings for the initial connection are in the msmdpump.dll. Is there a way to update the connection to the new server without uninstalling and reinstalling ReportPortal? Thanks.

marco

Netherlands
588 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  05:01:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
steps:

ReportPortal repository in SQL Server:

you should detach en attach de reportportal sql database from sql server 2008 to sql server 2008 r2 to have the reportportal repository working.

XMLA connection:

copy the new xmla directory from SQL Server 2008R2 into the wwwroot/xmla where the old xmla from SQL Server 2008 was installed.

Marco
Go to Top of Page

admin

1635 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  07:25:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Point C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ReportPortal\xmla.udl to the new server.
Go to Top of Page

tres_ross

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  12:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information. This fixed part of testing of the connection, though now get

"Test connection failed because of an error in setting the window handle property"

I check Yes to continue and get Test succeeded with some errors. I'm on a 64-bit machine. I've read other posts that this can happen but should work. So I tried it under the Admin - Connections page in ReportPortal and received the error

"Server Error - LoadLibrary Failed."

Any ideas? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

admin

1635 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  14:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you moving Report Portal repository database to another server or are you moving your SSAS server to another database?
Go to Top of Page

tres_ross

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  18:49:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have two instances of SQL Server on a single machine. The default instance runs 2008 while the named instance runs 2008R2. I transferred the ReportPortal database from the 2008 default instance to 2008R2 named instance. I rebuilt my cube based on the 2008R2 instance, and now trying to connect to it using ReportPortal.

I followed the information that you gave me earlier about copying the new 2008R2 xmla directory and putting it in the wwwroot/xmla directory replacing the old 2008 xmla information. I then tested the connection to the new database, and got the error:

"Test connection failed because of an error in setting the window handle property" and then says "Test succeeded with some errors after I press continue".

Then I tried to connect to the cube in ReportPortal and receive the error "Server Error - LoadLibrary failed".

Any ideas? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

admin

1635 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  11:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So your problem is related to connection to SSAS not with moving SQL Server ReportPortal database. Correct?

Is your msmdpump.ini pointing to new SSAS server instance?

Please try to create the new XMLA virtual directory using Application Setup (All Programs > ReportPortal > Application Setup > XMLA Setup)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ReportPortal © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page