Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ReportPortal General Forum
 Report Portal Installation
 TestXmla:The remote server returned an error:(401)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rinkurose@gmail.com

India
7 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  23:20:18  Show Profile  Click to see rinkurose@gmail.com's MSN Messenger address  Send rinkurose@gmail.com a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
after instlation when using integrated windows authentication on virtual directory security and press the Test button on XMLA setup window i got error :
TestXmla:The remote server returned an error:(401)Unauthorized
when pressing Test connection inside Create UDL, Test Connection succeeded. I could also saw catalog.
& your suggetion below step:
Please follow these steps:
1. Open IIS console
2. Right click on XMLA virtual directory
3. Click Properties
4. Click Directory Security tab
5. Under “Anonymous access and authentication control” click Edit…
6. Check Anonymous Access and Uncheck Basic and Integrated Windows
7. For user name enter a Windows user account that has access to your Analysis Services Database including the domain name (like domain1\user1)
8. Enter password
9. Login to the ReportPortal application as an admin.
10. Go to Admin > Connections > Click on XMLA connection and click Test

i m dong all step
but still i got same error TestXmla:The remote server returned an error:(401)Unauthorized
wht cn i do?????

Edited by - rinkurose@gmail.com on 12/23/2009 20:57:25

admin

1635 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  22:59:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 401 error is the result of the fact that the windows user you have entered in the XMLA Setup dialog is invalid or does not have access to XMLA physical folder.

Please click the Ignore button. you can setup XMLA connection manually by creating XMLA virtual directory as described this document: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc917711.aspx

- Make sure that your Windows user includes the domain name (like domain1\user1) and has the right password
- Use folder permissions to give everyone full access to the XMLA folder (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xmla) .

Select XMLA URL for connection type and xmla/msmdpump.dll for connection string. Click Add to add the connection.
Go to Top of Page

rinkurose@gmail.com

India
7 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  02:58:05  Show Profile  Click to see rinkurose@gmail.com's MSN Messenger address  Send rinkurose@gmail.com a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by admin[/i]
[br]The 401 error is the result of the fact that the windows user you have entered in the XMLA Setup dialog is invalid or does not have access to XMLA physical folder.

Please click the Ignore button. you can setup XMLA connection manually by creating XMLA virtual directory as described this document: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc917711.aspx

- Make sure that your Windows user includes the domain name (like domain1\user1) and has the right password
- Use folder permissions to give everyone full access to the XMLA folder (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xmla) .

Select XMLA URL for connection type and xmla/msmdpump.dll for connection string. Click Add to add the connection.

hi i m doing all the step but still im not getting sucessful conn.
plz send all the (a to z) step in detail for after install xmla

Go to Top of Page

marco

Netherlands
588 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  23:25:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Are you using Windows 2003, 2008, XP, Vista or 7.0 ?

Are you using IIS 6 or 7 ?

Are you using SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server 2008 R2 ?

Marco
Go to Top of Page

admin

1635 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  19:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem was resolved. rinkurose id not enter the right Windows password. The other problem was that rinkurose did not have SSAS installed on the web server nor the database server.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ReportPortal © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page