Map Editor lets you edit and manage map charts. There two types of map charts:
- Maps that come with the application and stored as XML files in
Map Editor lets you view these map types.
- Maps created or imported by application administrator and stored in ReportPortal database GeoMap table.
These type of maps will be marked green.
Map Editor lets you view, create delete and edit these map types.
An entity is a group of shapes. For example, UK entity will consist of four shapes
(England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.)
You can select an entity by choosing it from the list of entities or by clicking a shape.
When an entity is selected you will see one or more boxes on the right.
Each box represents a shape. Each line of text box is the coordinate (x,y) of the shape.
- Apply - Apply changes made to the map
- Save - Save the selected map
- Delete - Delete the selected saved map
- Delete All - Delete all saved maps
- New Entity - Create new entity such as a US State.
- Draw - Show toolbar to create new shapes and delete and move existing shapes.
- Resize - Trim unused space around shapes
- Trim - Remove small shapes
- Import - Import maps from XML or ZIP files
- SHP - Import ESRI shape files
- Export - Export map to XML format
- Export All - Export all changed maps to one zip file
- US Maps - Download Drillable US Map
- Stroke - stroke width in pixels
Background - background image from image files located in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ReportPortal\olap\Maps
Stroke color - stroke color of each shape
Highlight - color of each shape on mouse-over
Blank color - color of empty shapes
Transparency - how transparent the chart is relative to the background
Legend Percent Based - legend to be based on percent or absolute value
Shadow - each shape to cast shadow
Gradient - each shape to be fill with solid or gradient color
Positive Colors - colors for shapes based set of positive values. The selections will be based on Type: number of colors, shades of colors and thresholds or value.
Negative Colors - colors for shapes based set of negative values. The selections will be based on Type: number of colors, shades of colors and thresholds or value.
- Equal Bands - based on equally divided ranges. Example: $0-$100 and $100 to $200
- Percent of Max - based on percent of a maximum value. Example: 0%-20% and 20%-100%
- Percent - based on percent of a total. Example: 0%-20% and 20%-100%
- Value - based on absolute value. Example: $0-$100 and $100 to infinity
- Name - based on the measure text. Example: Mexico and USA
- Name - is used for grouping shapes into a single entity.
- Code - is used as a entity label. This field is optional. It can also be
used as an alternative way to map data.
- Action - Map chart for the drill-down action
- x - X coordinate for label location
- y - Y coordinate for label location
- Outside - Is label outside of shape? When checked the label will be black.
- Add Label button - will add label for the entity code is set and x and y are not set.
To move the label click "Draw" button, click the "Move" toolbar button
and move the label into the desired location.
You can also move the label by changing x and y.
Below is the description of the XML file format:
||Optional. Background image relative to the Maps folder
||Polygon transparency. Especially useful when a background image is defined.
||Polygon border width
||Polygon border color
||Color used for the mouse over effect
||1 - Legend will show percents;
0 - Legend will show numbers
||List of colors to be used in the legend for the positive number range.
||List of colors to be used in the legend for the negative number range.
Each map file can have many entities.
For example, in United States each entity can represent each state.
||Code of the entity.
Used for mapping the data to the entity.
Will be visible when x and y attributes are specified.
||Name of the entity.
Used for mapping the data to the entity.
Will be visible on mouse-over effect.
||Path to another MAP file that has details for the next drill-down level.
Each file is relative to the Maps folder (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ReportPortal\olap\Maps).
||Optional. X coordinate for the "code" label
||Optional. Y coordinate for the "code" label
||Is label outside of shape? When 1 the label will be black.
||X,Y pair list. Each path represents a polygon.
Each entity can have multiple polygons.
For example, Michigan state is made out of two polygons.